Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools to raise attainment for groups of children who experience potential barriers to learning. This additional funding is allocated to children from low-income families who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or who have had Free School Meals (FSM) in the past six years; are looked after or have parents currently in the Armed Forces.
This money is allocated to initiatives to ensure pupils reach their full potential, both academically and socially.
We believe that:
- everybody deserves the opportunities they need to succeed;
- academic success is valuable and we wish all our students and parents to have a similar view;
- every student can achieve to the best of his/her ability, as long as he/she has the right support and works hard;
- good emotional and social well-being are essential;
- varied opportunities are important for growth and ambition.
We are committed to:
- remaining ambitious for all our students;
- providing a contact for all Pupil Premium students and parents;
- tracking the performance and impact of interventions/ preventions;
- reviewing the school strategy for spending Pupil Premium funding on an annual basis.
We endeavour to support students in ways which will have a positive impact on progress, attainment and attendance.
If you think we can help your family, please contact the School Office to discuss further.
Our Pupil Premium Leads are: Mr Chris Dorey and Mr Martin Righetta