The wearing of school uniform helps promote a sense of belonging to a thriving community. It is an expectation that all Crosshall students will wear the approved school uniform:
- jade or navy sweatshirts/cardigans;
- jade, navy or white polo-shirts;
- plain navy, dark grey or black trousers (not ‘jean style’, ‘skinny trousers’ or denim), shorts or skirts. Shorts and skirts must be of a modest length;
- summer dresses must be jade or blue check;
- plain, dark, sensible footwear. Please note, students should not wear trainers with coloured markings (e.g. white lines, white soles, Nike swooshes etc.), open-toed, sling backs or high heels;
- indoor PE: black shorts, plain white T-shirts (leotards may be worn);
- outdoor PE: tracksuits will also be required for cold weather;
- footwear for PE: soft footwear or barefoot (indoor PE); trainers (outdoor PE). For PE, all students must change from their school shoes to PE trainers.
- art: a smock or modified adult's shirt for art activities/an apron.
NB: Nail varnish is not permitted to be worn during the school day.
If a child is in school in the wrong uniform, we will contact parents to establish why this is the case and agree a timescale for it to be rectified.
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts and T-shirts with the school logo may be purchased online at www.totalclothing.co.uk/cjs. The online shop also sells a number of other items such as bags, hats and clothing labels.
Orders can be delivered to school free of charge.
Items for school delivery will be dispatched each Monday for next day delivery.
The locker space is very limited and we ask that students bring books to school in their PE bags or book bags.
At Crosshall Junior School we have adopted the Halo Code. More information can be found below.