The wearing of school uniform helps promote a sense of belonging to a thriving community. It is an expectation that all Crosshall students will wear the approved school uniform, however branded uniform is not a daily requirement.
Our uniform was chosen to support parents' budget so that:
- branded items were discouraged;
- clothes are easily and cheaply purchased;
- P.E. stains are not so noticeable;
- Uniform would be 'hardy', comfortable, and safe.
We have also created 'nearly new stock' of clothes that have been laundered and we sell for £1 per item. Please contact the school office or our Learning & Wellbeing Mentors if you would like to have a look at what we have available and purchase.
- jade or navy sweatshirts/cardigans (navy sweatshirt is available in most stores);
- jade, navy or white polo-shirts (navy and white polos are available in most stores);
- plain navy, dark grey or black trousers (not ‘jean style’, ‘skinny trousers’ or denim), shorts or skirts. Shorts and skirts must be of a modest length;
- summer dresses must be jade or blue check;
- plain, dark, sensible footwear. Please note, students should not wear trainers with coloured markings (e.g. white lines, white soles, Nike swooshes etc.), open-toed, sling backs or high heels;
- for art activities: a smock or modified adult's shirt or an apron.
The P.E. kit should consist of:
- plain navy, dark grey or black tracksuit and/or shorts, with a plain white, navy or black t-shirt, and dark, sensible footwear. Additionally, for indoor P.E., if students wear zipped or hooded tops, they wil be asked to remove these. Excessively baggy tracksuit bottoms are also not suitable and, generally, students remove their shoes and socks.
- Clubs/ Matches: Where sporting clubs or matches occur, students should still attend in school uniform, and then change prior to the club or the match commencing.
On P.E. days students should come to school in their P.E. kit. This has several benefits:
- more time for P.E. - rather than spending time changing;
- fewer worries for some students - no changing with other people around;
- better hygiene - P.E. kits are washed each week
Current P.E. days are:
Mon: 6MR & 6PM, Tues: 6BC & 6KW, Weds: Year Five, Thurs: Year Four, Fri: Year Three.
Earrings/ Jewellery/ Make-up:
- Students should remove stud earrings at home on their P.E./ swimming day(s).
- We do not allow students to wear nail varnish, jewellery (other than stud earrings) or make-up during the school day.
If a child is in school in the wrong uniform, we will contact parents to establish why this is the case and agree a timescale for it to be rectified.
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts and T-shirts with the school logo may be purchased online at www.totalclothing.co.uk/cjs. The online shop also sells a number of other items such as bags, hats and clothing labels.
Orders can be delivered to school free of charge.
Items for school delivery will be dispatched each Monday for next day delivery.
The locker space is very limited, so we ask that students bring books to school in a drawstring 'PE bag' or book bag.
Many thanks for your continued support and helping to keep our community looking smart, being safe, and feeling comfortable - and all on a small budget.
We have much to be proud of at Crosshall Junior School
Total Clothing - Nominated Uniform Supplier
Further below you will find the School Uniform Information Guide for 'Back to School 2023'
Orders with Total Clothing need to be placed by Thursday 10th August to receive in time for back to school in September.
At Crosshall Junior School we have adopted the Halo Code. More information can be found below.